Employment opportunities with the Town of Kamsack are published here.
The Town of Kamsack has an opening for an experienced and motivated individual to join the Public Works Department as a full time mechanic. This position has a wide range of responsibilities and will appeal to someone looking for a challenging and varied work environment.
Reporting to the Town Superintendent, this position is primarily responsible for the mechanical repairs of small equipment, light duty and heavy duty vehicles and equipment, including the occasional operation of all equipment.
The Town of Kamsack maintains a fleet of vehicles and equipment including, but not limited to: grader, loader, excavator, street sweeper, fire trucks, dump trucks, light duty trucks, tractors, trailers, ice re-surfacer (Zamboni), Handi-bus (with wheelchair lift), lawn mowers, tillers, compressors, chain saws, pumps, etc. As the Town’s mechanic/repair person you will be responsible to:
Diagnose, test and repair gas and diesel powered equipment;
Perform preventative maintenance including changing oil & filters; grease & lubricate moving parts; installing batteries and tires;
Maintain and service equipment attachments;
Following established ordering procedures, maintain an inventory of parts; and
Maintains records of repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment.
In addition, the mechanic/ repair person may be required to assist with general handyman duties in Town facilities (ie. welding, building maintenance, etc).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods and practices of engine repair and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Understanding of safe workplace procedures and processes, including a knowledge of OH&S and WHMIS regulations.
- Requires a cooperative team attitude.
- Ability to operate a wide range of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to use and operate impact tools, tire changer, compressor, hoist, welder, hydraulic press, acetylene torch, and hand tools ordinarily used by an engine mechanic.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must hold a license or certification in one of the following trades: heavy duty equipment mechanic, or farm equipment (agricultural mechanic)
- Must hold a Class 5 license
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a mechanic or in a directly related environment
- Heavy equipment operator training is an asset
Salary as per current CUPE Collective Agreement ($22.64 - $30.23) and will be dependent upon experience and qualifications. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit by: Friday August 20th, 2021
Submit applications to:
Aimee Kerluke, Administrator
Kamsack, SK S0A 1S0
PH: 306 542 2155 FAX: 306 542 2975