|This directory is provided by the Town of Kamsack as a service to businesses and organizations in the town. If the information about your business or organization requires changes or updates, please provide us with the correct information by going to the Contact Us page and sending a message to the Economic Development office.|
|Town of Kamsack Directory|
| Search for or list Town of Kamsack organizations and businesses.|
Top Ten Reasons to Shop Locally
We all know how much fun it is to shop locally in Kamsack, but there’s more to it:
- Protect Local Character and Prosperity: Kamsack is unlike any other town in the world. By choosing to support locally-owned businesses, you help maintain Kamsack’s diversity and distinctiveness.
- Community Well-Being: Locally owned businesses build strong neighbourhoods by sustaining communities, linking neighbors, and by contributing more to local causes.
- Local Decision Making: Local ownership means that important decisions are made locally by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those decisions.
- Keeping Dollars in the Local Economy: Your dollars spent in locally-owned businesses have significant impact on your community. When shopping locally, you simultaneously create jobs, provide wages for your neighbours, invest in local improvement and promote community development.
- Job and Wages: Locally owned businesses create jobs locally, and pay wages to local people.
- Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship fuels Canada’s economic innovation and prosperity, and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- Public Benefits and Costs: Local stores require comparatively little infrastructure and make more efficient use of public services relative to big box stores and shopping malls.
- Environmentally Sustainability: Local stores help to a sustain vibrant, compact, walkable downtown, which in turn is essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution.
- Competition: A marketplace of many small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
- Product Diversity: A multitude of small businesses, each selecting products based not on a national sales plan but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.